Subject: Re: "Tristan" Recordings
From: tom ponti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 5 Jan 2018 17:13:33 +0000

Sounds similar to the Siepi situation. I am surprised that Dooley, who had nowhere near the stature of Siepi, would have the same ability to prevent the release of a Met performance. As much as I adored Siepi and sympathized with his situation, I thought he was foolish to block his Met recordings, primarily because it prevented people newer to opera to hear his great performances.