Subject: Re: James Levine [Comment]
From: Max Paley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 31 Dec 2017 23:02:25 -0800

I can’t help but think of the movie “Autumn Sonata” that I saw probably 40 years ago but it left a deep impression.

The Ingrid Bergman character was a famous concert pianist who abruptly ends a visit to her daughter, played by Liv Ullman, after the daughter confronts her squarely and in a raw manner with her failings as a mother and human being.

On the train home, the pianist reassures herself that the great critics have found her to be a great and generous spirit in her playing.

Max Paley

Sent from my iPad