Subject: Re: Piero Giuliacci ... a forgotten Italian tenor?
From: Donald Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 4 Jan 2018 14:36:41 -0700

Its definitely a good voice but I think he is also no youngster.  It is difficult to start an international career after a certain point.  He is also kind of short and dumpy - in todays world that doesn’t help.  There is a Brazilian tenor active in Germany, Martin Muehle, also approaching his past sell by date but he had/has an authentic exciting spinto sound and is handsome and well built.  For some reason his career never really moved.  He was supposed to sing Riccardo/Gustavo in Ballo in Miami last spring but never got there.  He recorded Paolo in Francesca da Rimini and was really stunning on that recording.  I have no idea what’s happened to him but he seems to have fallen off the boards.  Too bad - it is a superb voice and he looks terrific on stage.

Donald