Subject: Re: Piero Giuliacci ... a forgotten Italian tenor?
From: Isaac Alan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 4 Jan 2018 03:40:04 +0000

I don't argue for or against the case of Roberto Alagna, but Roberto Alvarez frequently delivered far more grace and beauty than this example from Mr Giuliacci. He is obviously a capable singer with a good strong voice, and good as he no doubt is, to my ear he lacks a temperance that may give it smoothness ( as Shakespeare has it ) and resorts from time to time to shouting in tune. Apart from this, and upon another subject, the staging is rudimentary, and  too static even given the galvanizing effect that the improvviso must have upon the assembled company.

Regards,

Isaac Alan