Subject: Re: Is the Callas Tosca recording the "best" opera recording ever made?
From: R Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 3 Jan 2018 16:08:58 -0500

"She FORCES her listeners to pay attention to her"

Yes! And I would say the same of Caruso. They're the two worst possible
choices for background music - one has to concentrate on them at the
expense of anything else going on.

And they are exhausting to listen to - I find I now have to take them in
measured doses.

Modify your settings: