Subject: Re: When any career ends in disgrace
From: Jackie Eubanks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 2 Jan 2018 18:15:40 -0500

I’ve been thinking over Bob Rideout’s post, and I believe he brings up a significant issue.  How long do we excoriate someone who’s calumnies occurred years, even decades ago, provided they have atoned sufficiently, and not repeated the behavior?  The allegations against Levine are clearly serious, and demand exposure to the light of day, but, as Bob queries, when did the behavior end?  Was it decades ago?  More importantly, did he change his behavior, and if so, is this not an issue for civil court, provided stature of limitations has not expired? Innuendo should not convict, but evidently it is going to trail Levine into the grave, an eternal sort of punishment, and then it is only left to biographers to sort out.  If he continued his alleged predations after the Met imposed some sort of prohibition, well, then, the axe has fallen where it should have.