Subject: when any career ends in disgrace
From: Les Mitnick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 1 Jan 2018 11:30:11 -0500

i cannot understand the notion that it's only a sexual indiscretion that can result in a
dismissal.  That's sheer lunacy.  I can assure you that if someone like the General Manager,
the President of the Board, or even a famous singer were found to have made big money off
a Ponzi scheme, they'd be dismissed as well.  If anyone who held such a position was
discovered to be "money laundering", they'd also be fired.  I mean, let's be honest
everybody, Bernie Madoff is not exactly living a life of honor and glory.  He's a son of a
bitch without a conscience and deserved exactly what he got.  We're not comparing crimes
here.  All "perps" who commit crimes that inflict emotional or physical suffering on others
are beneath contempt.  I do not for a moment "move the needle" on this point.
     I found the article by that Sved fellow to be pathetic.  I can admire and respect Mr.
Levine's accomplishments as a musician, but as a human being, NEVER.  I cannot listen to
the voices of Tiana Lemnitz and Maria Mueller without them turning to poison in my ears.
I won't spend a penny on a Mel Gibson film, and nor would I give Steve Bannon a moment
of my time.
    From my point of view, it's like asking for forgiveness and redemption for Don Michael
Corleone, Bernie Madoff, or even Charles Manson. We will never know the full extent or
depth of Mr. Levine's indiscretions, but we know enough -MORE than enough -- that's more
than sufficient to taint his legacy forever.