Subject: Re: Toscanini BOHEME recording
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 7 Jan 2018 20:10:59 +0000

Happy New Year, Bill

Apparently it's available on Amazon for about 28 bucks, and there
are several other entries on Google.

I am a fan of all the principals (except that I don't really know Anne
McKnight, who sang as Anna di Cavalieri in Italy).

But, I don't know this recording well. However Albanese was a
wonderful Mimi on an earlier recording with Gigli and in later
excerpts with Di Stefano, so.....

Peerce is an acquired taste, one that I acquired a long time ago,
and Toscanini conducted the opera's World Premiere, so....

And it was recorded in 1946, which was just about the pinnacle of
everyone's prime, so....

The Met Guide to Recorded Opera references Albanese, Peerce and
Toscanini as "unforgettable".

Bob