Subject: Re: James Levine situation at the Met
From: John Irving <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 6 Jan 2018 22:52:53 -0600

Angelo has brought up an interesting point regarding paying Levine for performances whether with the Met or other venues for which he had contracts for his services...I would think that his employers would legally have to pay him unless there was a moral turpitude clause in his contracts, and in which case, he could not recover what was due him.    Moreover, what about his income derived from other sources such as commercial recordings in which he collaborated with other artists?

While the Levine affair has been “beaten to death” ad nauseam, he is a human being who is totally destroyed.  His career is over and he is now an object of  ridicule and revulsion.  He is nearing 75 with degenerative diseases and physically disabled.  Sad for him and for those who have suffered because of his behavior.

       John

Sent from my iPad