Subject: Re: Opera: National Moron
From: David Wagner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 6 Jan 2018 19:18:52 -0500

I agree entirely with Tom and Paul in this thread, and with Paul in his
thread on Levine (re due process in judicial proceedings). I add nothing by
saying so - except for not letting off-topic and often under-informed
bloviations go uncontested, as Paul rightly puts it.

Oh and - there is a huge difference between using a wafer-thin operatic
hook as an entree to vent one's political animosities (an abuse of the
List, imo), and discussing operas that deal with politics (an eminently
proper use of the List, imo). So obvious a difference, in fact, that I'm
not sure how I would go about explaining it to those who don't see it, or,
as I prefer to think, pretend not to see it.

Thank you again, Paul Ricchi and Tom Ponti.

-David Wagner