Subject: Re: when any career ends in disgrace
From: Olga Bourlin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 1 Jan 2018 11:58:21 -0800

Kiwi:* "Sadly, I enter 2018 completed jaded and disillusioned."*

I understand, Kiwi, considering that it's 2018 (2018!) and we should be
further along.

As well, I like to keep things in perspective. We need to remember that *not
quite 50 years ago *(1968!) many Americans had such delicate emotional and
intellectual sensibilities that the mucky mucks of the Big Three television
networks worried  about putting interracial touching (touching!) on TV.

*“Petula touched Harry's forearm during the duet and made TV history. It
was the first time a white woman had touched a black man on US television.”*

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p006zj9f

However it's sliced and diced, on social progress in the US ... we
nevertheless managed to have come a Long Way, Baby.