Subject: Re: Test
From: "G. Paul Padillo" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 29 Dec 2017 14:12:48 -0500

I’m considered by more than a few here to be one of those garrulous bores (and thought of
worse by others . . . who remind me with some frequency), but no one has to read my or any
of our postings . . . but it WOULD be nice to have the option.  I did a quick “search” on the
archives for the 28th of December over the last 10 years noticing a decrease in posts,
particularly of late.  I forget which year it was, but there were 92 posts on December 28th.
Yesterday there was a total of 4, including one of mine (of course), and Mr. Rideout’s Test.
Clearly we’re going in the wrong direction, folks.

As Facebook increases in popularity we’re seeing extreme drop offs which is a shame.  While
FB is fun, it is a lop-sided forum; its fast/instant pace making in-depth or continued
discussions on a particular topic, if not outright impossible, extremely difficult.  I know several
former listers from Opera-L days gone by who sometimes merrily post 20-30 times a day to
Facebook, yet show not a whiff of inclination in continuing a dialogue once they’ve hit the
“send” button.  It really can be a “look at me!” festival.

The shelf life for the 2 posts a day limit has expired!

p.