Subject: Re: Today's Merry Widow
From: Ulrik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 31 Dec 2017 17:24:40 -0500

On Sat, 30 Dec 2017 21:36:17 -0500, ANGELO MAMMANO <[log in to unmask]>
wrote: >I love Offenbach and my first choice would be La Grand Duchessede Gerolstein.
Several years ago Stephanie Blythe performed it here in Boston.  The production was
amazing and she was perfect.There is an excellent DVD with Lott. Obviously  Blythe and
Lott used different keys.  But both were very fine.

Dear Angelo
Do you know that Ms Blythe and Ms Lott used different keys? Or is it just an assumption? To
my knowledge, Ms Lott sang in the original keys - and I would assume Ms Blythe did the

Talking about transpositions, I was surprised to hear that Ms Graham transposed Glawari -
back in 2004 I believe she used the written keys. Of course 13  years is a long time.

Happy New Year

Modify your settings: