Subject: Re: opera to start the year
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 31 Dec 2017 20:01:22 +0000

Donald

I guess I'll be the first to do a trio in one day. ;-)

It should be noted that it was during rehearsals of that Beatrice di Tenda
in New York that Joan Sutherland's mother died, and despite Sutherland's
grief, she was persuaded by family that her mother would have wanted her
to sing the performance. A contingency plan to reset the evening was
cancelled and she made her New York debut as scheduled to one of
the great ovations ever heard at Carnegie Hall. It was headline news
in New York's major papers and two additional performances were
immediately announced and just as quickly sold. It is among the greatest
of New York's music legends.

Bob