Subject: Florez Christmas Concert on Medici TV
From: chsiegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 31 Dec 2017 09:21:02 -0500

Hi all,
If you don't listen to anything else today, tomorrow or in the new year,
you MUST at least view or listen to Juan Diego Florez's Christmas bel canto
concert with Antonio Pappano conducting the Orchestra of Santa Cecilia.
Florez sings everything from Donizetti to early Verdi to Offenbach and
Puccini (and Granada).  Florez also does a set of folk songs accompanying
himself on guitar. The entire evening is infused with the warm
collaboration between him and Pappano.  It is a thorough delight.  I own no
stock in Medici TV, so I have no qualms about saying that this is one of
the best bargains in an annual music subscription, if not the best. I
suppose you could do a trial membership, just to listen to this concert.
It is fabulous, fun and shows how Florez continues to grow. Thank you,
Antonio Pappano and Juan Diego, for a fantastic concert.

Happy new year to all.
Claudia