Subject: Re: Watching opera on the internet
From: DK Conn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 30 Dec 2017 23:06:22 -0500

There are other houses that offer video streams at no cost.  La Monnaie,
Liege, Teatro Carlo Felice, Helsinki, and Glyndebourne stream productions
regularly and I believe the Mariinsky and Teatro Real (Madrid) do so at
least occasionally.

There is so much available as audio and/or video on line at no cost that it
seems one can almost always find something interesting.  Just in the past
month, for instance, one could have heard Meyerbeer's Le Prophete from the
Deutsche Oper Berlin, Zemlinksy's Der Zwerg from Lille, and Janacek's From
the House of the Dead from the Bastille.

DK

On Sat, 30 Dec 2017 17:32:49 -0500, John Feather <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:
>If anyone knows anything to add to the following list, please let us know  :-)
>
>Sites that often feature opera on line for FREE:
>
>-- https://www.medici.tv/en/  -- sign up for free and see opera and
concerts.  Current
>operas include 12 year old Alma Deutscher's CINDERELLA from San Jose;
RIGOLETTO from
>Orange with Sierra & Nucci; and the notorious  BOHEME from Paris conducted
by Dudamel'

>-- https://culturebox.francetvinfo.fr/opera-classique/opera/videos/ --
currently including
>the Paris BOHEME, Berlin TANNHAUSER, Rome FRA DIAVOLO, Opera Comique COMTE
ORY,
>and lots more.
>
>-- https://www.arte.tv/en/videos/arte-concert/classical/  -- currently
Gerald Finlay sings
>Kaija Saariaho and concert BLUEBEARD'S CASTLE from Helsinki
>
>-- https://operavision.eu/en -- Opera Europa's site adds 3 plus operas a
month.  Currently
>Monnaie DIALOGUES DES CARMELITES, Opera North's RING, Poznan Opera's BALTIC
>LEGEND by Nowowiejski, Garsington's SEMELE and more.
>
>-- http://music.indiana.edu/iumusiclive/streaming/ -- Indiana University's
Jakobs School of
>Music productions include Chabrier's L'ETOILE, Catan's FLORENCIA EN EL
AMAZONAS, and
>much more.
>
>-- http://www.pbs.org/wnet/gperf/video/all-video/?type=episodes -- Lopez'
BEL CANTO
>from Lyric Opera of Chicago as well as a wealth of other performing arts
performances.

>--  http://www.pbs.org/live-from-lincoln-center/past-episodes/ -- mostly
concerts including
>RICHART TUCKER AWARDS concerts
>
>http://www.rai.it/dl/RaiTV/programmi/page/Page-d0908a7e-3b7f-4ff6-bf5f-
>b1031640a3d9.html?set=ContentSet-3f2ca543-5c93-4eaa-8ea7-a1da931dd620&amp;amp;type=V
 -
>- RAI video i
>
>-- http://www.operlive.de/ -- Bayerische Staatsoper is now keeping up their
productions
>for 24 hours.  If only they would create an on demand feature like the MET.
>
>-- http://opera.wolftrap.org/for-audiences/wto-video-stream/ -- Wolf Trap
opera posts past
>production for six months at a time.  Currently:  Rossini's PIETRA DEL
PARAGONE;