Subject: Re: Today's Merry Widow
From: Vesna Danilovic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 30 Dec 2017 19:51:52 -0500

On Sat, Dec 30, 2017 at 6:48 PM, Jon Goldberg <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> BTW - for the record, is it really DONNY-low? Shouldn't it be Da-NEE-lo?

Jon, you got it right. I was also surprised they accented the first,
instead of the second, syllable in his first name but then correctly
accented the second syllable in his surname (like mine).

I am of two minds about operetta on opera stages like the Met. While I am
with Les about it, having a sense of misfit, there are occasions like the
New Year festivities when things can get lighter. It would be nice to have
Offenbach's LA BELLE HELENE for a change, also wonderfully fitting the
occasion.

Best, Vesna