Subject: Opera Bash on WGBXD in Boston
From: Angelo Mammano <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 30 Dec 2017 18:07:36 -0500

Every end-of-year we get a whole weekend of (mostly) Met Opera on
WGBXD here.  We don't get very much during the rest of the year. I doubt
that we got the Rosenkavalier when it first came out, but starting this
morning and into early Monday morning we get bushels of opera.  This
morning I viewed Pecheurs de Perles and just finished Tristan a few
minutes ago.  I just might skip Cav/Pag since I really don't care for those
dancing Sicilians in Cav.  Later on this evening  I will catch Rosenkavalier.
During the night there are more and tomorrow I hope to find time for a few
more. Bel Canto is starting at 5 but of course I will switch over to hear
the Met Tosca when that begins.  There is precious little that I find
interesting to watch on our local PBS channels but at least we have this.

A very wonderful 2018 to all fellow operaphiles!

Angelo from Boston