Subject: Today's Merry Widow
From: Myriam Hernandez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 30 Dec 2017 15:52:49 -0500

What a bomb and a bore! And the pitch lowered to accommodate a mezzo
soprano! The rest of the cast didn't help either. No wit, no sparkle.I had
to play my highlights CD of The Merry Widow, with Rothenberger and Gedda,
to enjoy a memorable recording. I wonder why EMI did not record the entire

Modify your settings: