Subject: Re: Test
From: tom ponti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 30 Dec 2017 13:23:31 +0000

Last night, by chance on You Tube, I clicked onto A Paris Opera Concert in 1916 not knowing to expect. What I got was a wonderful concert featuring Sondra Radvanasky(?) a mezzo who performed Carmen at the Met a few years ago, Anita R and the East European tenor who performed Otello at the Met, about two years ago. Sorry, but I am not good at remembering how to spell long Eastern European names and too lazy to learn. The excellent conductor was a nice looking and charismatic younger man, Philippe Jordan, who reminded me of the French President, Macron. The tenor was good, the mezzo was very good, Sondra was magnificent! She first sang Visi d Arte, which was gorgeous. She then sang a near perfect O Patria Mia and then topped that with a magnificent Casta Diva, which was as good as the Caballe performance at Orange. No higher praise could come from me. For some reason, I had never been that impressed with the basic sound of her voice, but at this concert she sounded beautiful and showed what a great singer she is. The mezzo and tenor sang arias from Tosca, Carmen and Samson et Dalila. The chorus performed the Anvil Chorus and Va Pansero. All in all this was a most enjoyable concert I think most here would enjoy. The audience loved it, especially Sondra's incredible performances of two of the most difficult arias in Italian Opera.