Subject: Re: Test
From: Jon Goldberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 29 Dec 2017 21:38:02 -0500

Agreed with all that would like to see the limit increased to at least 3, if not more.

I personally would also love to petition for a 21th century format for this archive site
(which is the only way I access this listserv) - I think it's time for something more in line
with systems that other internet forum boards use. But I know that may be asking a lot,
so I'll be happy with just the message increase. ;-)

To reply to Ms. Hochschild earlier in the thread (who was in favor of the 2-post limit
because she says it makes for better quality posts) - point taken, yet I think many of us
feel just the opposite - that the 2-message rule inhibits responses because we're often
hesitant to use them up too soon. I know that I would participate in more conversations
here if I wasn't always worried about using up my 2 posts.

I think it's worth trying. ;-)

And happy new year, all...

On Fri, 29 Dec 2017 13:51:04 -0600, Les Mitnick <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Well, Bob:
>
>    You're initial "test" posting stimulated some much needed action.  Thanks so much.
It's nice to know that we're all still out here.  I emphatically agree with those who would
like to see the quota of posts daily increase from two to three.

>If the moderator would be willing to do a "pilot program" and allow us three posts a day
for a month, and then analyze the effects of it, perhaps he would come to some sort of
conclusion.  Remember everyone:  in order for constancy to remain, there must be some
change, or at least some tweaking here and there.  I think the time has come.  There are
a lot of people here with a lot of good stuff to offer.  With a diminishing population, three
posts a day would be a very nice way to at least TRY to effect a change and possibly an
improvement.   We sure as hell can TRY!

>                                                                                                Les
>
>> On December 29, 2017 at 11:24 AM Bob Rideout wrote:
>>

>>     There was not one post from 11 am on Wednesday until I sent
>>     my first Test at around 2 or 3 yesterday afternoon. It was
>>     intended to find out if the list was working, which It was, and
>>     from my private mail, most of you understood that, and were
>>     pleased that I had bothered.
>>
>>     BTW, I agree completely with Donald . The limit of 2 posts a
>>     day is unnecessary!
>>
>>     Happy New Year to one and all.
>>
>>     Bob

[log in to unmask] mailto:[log in to unmask] .org
>>     containing only the words: SIGNOFF OPERA-L
>>     To stay subscribed but TURN OFF mail, send a message to
>>     [log in to unmask] mailto:[log in to unmask] .org containing only the
words: SET OPERA-L NOMAIL
>>     Modify your settings: http://listserv.bccls.org/archives/opera-l.html<hr
style="height: 0; border: 0; border-top: 1px solid #aaa; margin: 8px 0;">