Subject: Becket & Pizzetti
From: "David M. Wagner" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 29 Dec 2017 15:16:47 -0500

Since today is the liturgical remembrance of St. Thomas Becket, irs a good day for us to watch our DVD of Ildebrando Pizzetti’s beautiful 1958 opera Assassinio nella Cattedrale, based on T.S. Eliot’s dramatization of Becket’s final days.

If you don’t have the DVD, perhaps you can listen to the original cast recording from LaScala starring Rossi-Lemeni, or Karajan’s beautiful German version of it starring Hotter.

Furlanetto has sung this opera in San Diego, and is an advocate for it. I hope he gets a chance to sing it at the Met.

-David Wagner

Sent from my iPhone
Modify your settings: