Subject: Re: Worst staging nominations
From: Don <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 22 Dec 2017 13:30:01 -0700

Does anyone remember that ridiculous Tannhauser in Chicago with the
American Airline stewardesses, topless in the airline terminal?  Quote from
the New York Times review: " Venus gets the best lines" ''Sing it, honey,''
she urges Tannhauser, ''Grab that harp!'' And, ''You got me hot and
bothered.'' When the hero, torn between fleshly pleasures and the virtuous
life, agonizes at length, she wants to know, ''What's all this, melancholy
baby?'' Despairing of the whole affair, Venus lets Tannhauser go with a
curt ''Hit the road, Jack'' and ''It's goodbye and amen.''
dond

--
It's amazing how useful it can be.