Subject: Re: Worst staging nominations
From: Les Mitnick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 22 Dec 2017 11:45:22 -0600

To me, THIS was the WORST - as bad as the Ballo toilets.  Those are not bumblebees --- they appear more like those angry and aggressive "yellow-jackets" that start bothering people here around the beginning of August and remain until the first frost.  That "dance" to the beat of the cabaletta is hideous and disgusting (what are they DOING there in the first place?) and sans the soprano (who's no great shakes at all), this looks like one of the scenes close to the end of the classic sci-fi/horror film "Them".  Only difference there is that the predators were giant mutant ants that mad invaded the drain pipes under Los Angeles.

     I was going to mention this particular production but I got beaten to the punch.

        Happy Holiday to all of you and I wish you all GOOD HEALTH and PEACE IN OUR LIVES!

                                                                               Les/Chicago