Subject: Re: Rolando Villazon
From: Les Mitnick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 26 Dec 2017 00:24:47 -0600

I saw the program on PBS and was amazed at how beautiful he sounded.  I've not heard him sound this good in a while, though his Belmonte on the new DGG "Entfuhrung Aus Dem Serail" is also superb.  His Mozart album is also excellent.  Perhaps he's found his real "fach".  I never counted him out - ever.  I've read that he's really pacing himself and is very picky about what roles he takes on.  I wonder who he's been coaching with over the last couple of years. The results are spectacular indeed.   May he continue this way.