Subject: Re: Subject: Re: An Opera-L Christmas: Tchaikovsky, Rimsky, Puts, Leroux
From: Michael McPherson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 25 Dec 2017 13:50:47 -0500

There is actually another Cathedral in New York City — The Cathedral Church of St. John the Divine and the largest gothic cathedral in the world. While it is still unfinished, it is a magnificent structure and has great acoustics. Last night midnight mass was magnificent. In addition to the beautiful singing by the Cathedral Choir and orchestra, Susanna Phillips sang the Mozart Agnus Dei and a gorgeous Cantique de Noel.

I am amazed how many people I know who were born and raised in NYC but have never been to St. John’s. A pity.

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Michael

Michael J. McPherson