Subject: Re: Twelve Operatic Masterpieces You May Not Know
From: RogerBrunyate <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 24 Dec 2017 17:26:07 -0500

Thank you, John, for this list. I am pretty well set now for the course I originally proposed, but this offers a new possibility: OPERA FROM AROUND THE WORLD.

I have been fond of STRASNY DWOR ever since my father-in-law brought back a 4-cassette recording from a Fulbright in Poland. There is also at least one crisp DVD of DIE TOTE STADT. I got to see both ANIARA and LES TROYENS growing up in London; my admiration for the latter has only grown, but the former has quite slipped from my memory. MARTHA and LAKME both have problems with good DVDs.

The rest I do not know, but will keep tabs on them for the future.

Thanks again! Roger.