Subject: Re: An Opera-L Christmas
From: Sally Newland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 24 Dec 2017 11:07:55 -0700

Amahl and the Night Visitors played on our old black and white TV in the
1950s; besides being an opera suitable for the season, Menotti is
underrated, I think, as a composer. Perhaps his approach to music and
story-telling is too uncomplicated for "modern" times?

As for O Holy Night, even in the Apache language, this carol is uplifting
and glorious. I wish all Opera-L'ers a blessed new year, with my thanks for
all of the learning and entertainment I have enjoyed since the late
90's--time not only gets away, it becomes nonessential.