Subject: Re: Subject: Re: An Opera-L Christmas: Tchaikovsky, Rimsky, Puts, Leroux
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 24 Dec 2017 11:41:47 -0500

This is the essential version, the ideal tempo, phrasing, and sense
of exaltation.  Maybe the language makes it sound less preachy,
less lachrymose than some of the English versions.

No. 2:  Schumann-Heink  - WEINACHTEN

No. 3:  Richard Tauber - White Christmas

or: just get "Christmas From A Golden Age" , an old Romophone
cd which has these, and all the best.  And it sounds a lot better than
Youtube.

dtmk