Subject: Re: An Opera-L Christmas
From: Vesna Danilovic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 23 Dec 2017 23:33:23 -0500

R-K's CHRISTMAS EVE also crossed my mind as did Menotti's AHMAL.
Tchaikovsky's VAKULA THE SMITH, later reworked into CHEREVICHKI, was based
on the same Gogol's story "Christmas Eve".

In LA WALLY, the Christmas festivities are taking place in the village when
Walter pleads with La Wally to leave the mountain as the avalanche was
coming.

Vesna