Subject: Re: Worst staging nominations
From: Stephen Charitan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 23 Dec 2017 06:59:48 -0500

Perhaps there are abominations worse than Bayreuth's Castrof Ring, but it
will always hold a special place in my personal Hall of Shame...Equally
ghastly, but so much funnier was Violetta's "Grand Central" drawing room in
Zefferelli's last, unlamented iteration of Traviata at the MET.   As I
recall, Violetta's Act 2 "Conservatory" should have had "directional" signs
pointing tourists to "Fern Room," "Orchid Gallery," "Succulents...." etc