Subject: Worst staging nominations
From: R PRADA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 23 Dec 2017 00:34:59 -0500

I think the overly detailed stagings of Zeffirelli are cluttered with Tchothkes. A bit distracting.

I am unable to hold a grudge for long. The old staging of Cherubino in Act 1 of Marriage of Figaro has been replace with crawling under beds, etc, in this current staging at the Met. That was better, but I found the house in Seville  absolutely awful.It was depressing and the opposite of a drawing room comedy. I am still bummed out. It looked almost apocalyptic, and the furnishing s were just as drab or out of place.

It’s probably not everyone’s idea of awful, but I was with newbie to opera and I was frustrated. She did not get to see this opera at its best.

Post modern dumps are not my fave for Mozart, or Wagner for that matter.

RP