Subject: Re: Twelve Operatic Masterpieces You May Not Know
From: Paul Ferraro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 21 Dec 2017 10:35:30 -0500

EXACTLY!

I have been crazy about that work ever since I first saw it with Norman
Treigle & subsequently with Sam Ramey, along with a concert starring
Ghiaurov & Bergonzi; even managed to get a poor quality video with
Yvgeny Nesterenko.  I had the great honor of singing in the chorus in a
concert performance with the magnificent Jerry Hines who, at nearly 70
years old, still could blow the roof off Kennedy Center.

I will now search for the one you mentioned with Erwin Schrott because I
have been hoping that he'd sing the entire role after his impressive
appearance at the Richard Tucker Gala a year or s ago!

Paolo