Subject: Re: Twelve Operatic Masterpieces You May Not Know
From: Rich Lowenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 21 Dec 2017 14:34:10 +0000

Along the same lines you could consider a Rimsky-Korsakov opera.
Although not often staged, they are usually very entertaining with
delightful music. Many non opera-lovers, after hearing his music, have
asked me "why don't they do him more often?"

There is a good DVD of The Golden Cockerel (Le coq d'or), conducted by