Subject: Re: Twelve Operatic Masterpieces You May Not Know
From: Vesna Danilovic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 21 Dec 2017 09:01:28 -0500

A quick followup. My partner, who is not as much of a seasoned opera-lover
as most on this forum and probably representative of the audience who will
attend this course, said that the 19th century opera is more appealing than
any other period to his ears. He also noticed the absence of Russian operas
and suggested Glinka, whom he listened to on my advice, and very much liked
his A LIFE FOR THE TSAR.

I missed to mention that ARIADNE AUF NAXOS could be a good choice for
Richard Strauss, IMO. Not entirely obscure for sure, but also not as
well-known as DER ROSENKAVALIER. It's also witty which is another plus if
you are looking for something more light-hearted.

Vesna