Subject: Re: Jonas Kaufmann coming to Santa Monica at gilt edged prices
From: Tom Frey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 20 Dec 2017 19:37:58 -0500

yes, He is terrible and a worse tenor than Callas was a lousy soprano. Talk about strenuous vocalization and manufactured technique. She was unbearable in all her roles, singing everything like the queen of the scream diva she ached to be. Kaufmann is the male version of an artist with all hype and no delivery. He ruined Chenier, Werther, Otello , Lohengrin, Carmen and every role he feebly attempted. He should be legally banished from the opera stage and the recital hall. I buy all of his cds just so I can cringe along with him as he struggles to be great. I would also pay $200 to hear him live just so I could scream "Bravo> as loud as I could just to fool him into thinking he is one of the best tenors we have today..