Subject: Re: Jonas Kaufmann coming to Santa Monica at gilt edged prices
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 20 Dec 2017 22:00:29 +0000

David

He has a recording of the cycle that received almost universal
raves, and about which several members of this forum virtually
swooned at the time of its release.

I was in a minority of one or two in my dislike of both the voice
and the vocalism. "Die Schone Mullerin" is mostly shades of
light, much of it joyful. I heard various shades of "grey" in all
of the songs, not unlike Thomas Quasthoff in "Winterreise", whose
bleak tone even compromised the optimism of "Die Post"

I know that in both cases I am a "pay him no mind" and that's ok!

I just saw Max's post. We sometimes disagree ;-)

Bob