Subject: Re: Jonas Kaufmann coming to Santa Monica at gilt edged prices
From: David Kubiak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 20 Dec 2017 16:45:59 -0500

I risk (with good reason) being called ignorant with this comment, but will
make it anyway.  I have never heard Kaufmann sing the "Schöne Müllerin", but
knowing the way he sings in opera (i.e., with a strenuous, manufactured
technique) I cannot imagine it will be great Lieder singing.  Heinrich
Schlusnus he's not.

David Kubiak

Modify your settings: