Subject: Re: Jonas Kaufmann coming to Santa Monica at gilt edged prices
From: Operatics <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 20 Dec 2017 07:15:36 -0800

  One reason this Kaufman might sell at these outrages prices  in
Southern California  is the dearth of vocal recitals here.

Goerne sang Winterreise at Disney  in 2012    Dmitri did a Russian
recital,  I think at the Chandler in 3014.  Pisaroni tried out his
German lieder at  the tiny San Diego Atheneum also in 2014.

Another may be that the Broad Stage's  seating capacity is 538.

Estelle (in San Diego)