Subject: Re: Jonas Kaufmann coming to Santa Monica at gilt edged prices
From: Les Mitnick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 20 Dec 2017 02:19:05 -0600

As much as I admire and revere him (I consider him the RULER!), I'd be damned before I'd pay that kind of money to hear him sing a Schubert song cycle.  This is absolutely outrageous. I have no doubt that in Santa Monica, it will sell out - and yes, I think he'll show because he's probably being paid a king's ransom.