Subject: Re: More cuts
From: RogerBrunyate <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 19 Dec 2017 14:27:02 -0500

The great bass, Italy Tajo, who headed the opera department at CCM while I was a relatively junior director, refused to allow me to reinstate any of the traditional cuts in Italian opera (those marked Vi=…=de in the Ricordi scores), considering apparently that accumulated tradition had the virtual force of Urtext. Roger.

As ever, Roger.
Sent from my iPad