Subject: Re: WHRB Statement on James Levine
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 19 Dec 2017 15:51:10 +0000

I'm still waiting for someone to give us even a vague timeline
for
a. When these offenses began
and
b. more importantly, when and if they ended.

I shall repeat a portion of my previous post on this subject -
The Met, which financially bailed him out of his messes, made
it clear at the time (sometime in the early eighties) that if there
were one more incident, he would be toast, forever.

So, here we are, judge and jury, with no information about the
last thirty five, or so, years. I realize that many of you believe it
doesn't matter. I am not among them. I believe that it matters
very much, and that the concepts of contrition and forgiveness
are still relevant, even in this advanced era of 2017.

When someone can tell me that James Levine ignored the
generosity and edicts that were leveled thirty five years ago, I
shall be much more sympathetic to these "off with his head"
routines.

Bob