Subject: What's wrong at Premiere Opera?
From: Dennis Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 18 Dec 2017 22:33:09 -0500

    Hi, Y'all!
    Just who is minding the store at Premiere Opera?  I placed an order three weeks ago.  It took me three weeks to place that order, because I was ordering from Premiere's private, advertised-by-email-only collection (which is NOT a regular part of what is listed as available on the general web site) and I do not have (or want) a Pay Pal account.  I needed to talk with a voice that was attached to a live PERSON, and all I could get for three weeks was a "leave-a-message-and-we'll-return-your-call" recording.  It was impossible for me to be at home during any of the hours that Premiere might be open and that someone might return my call, so I needed to get someone on Premiere's staff to actually answer the phone.  After three weeks' worth of calling, I was finally able to talk directly to someone and place an order.  Today, after three more weeks and no sign of the DVD's I had ordered in my mailbox, I called to inquire about my order's status.  I received a message on my answering machine later today informing me that my credit card information had gone through and my order would be shipped.

    So it has taken three weeks for me to place and order, and three more weeks for Premiere to verify my credit information and SAY that they will actually ship what I ordered.  Poor Ed must be turning over in his grave.  What a hell of a way to run a business.

    I LOVE Premiere Opera, and want desperately to see that business thrive.  But if this is typical of the attention being paid to its daily operations, how can it possibly do so?

    Best,

    Dennis Ryan