Subject: Re: Michele Angelini anyone?
From: Godfrey Daniels <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 18 Dec 2017 21:28:21 -0500

I saw him twice as Prince Ramiro in Cenerentola - Austin & Fort Worth. He was very good.
The Angelinas were Sandra Piques Eddy (very impressive!!) and Isabel Leonard (not so
much). MA has much more pleasing tone than JDF imo. He had a way to articulate rapid
runs that reminded me of  that Czech fossil - what's her name? Specifically, not aspirated; it
sounds like the tone ricocheted in the throat. I was extremely disappointed when his
scheduled Tonio in Figlia didn't happen because the San Antonio company crashed in the
recession.