Subject: Re: [Norton AntiSpam]Re: Guth's "Lost in Space" "La Boheme" for Paris
From: Michael Liebert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 18 Dec 2017 19:40:25 -0500

So wonderful of you to quote anti-Semite and mental institution inmate Ezra
Pound to support your absurd idea of what classic opera should be.  Maybe
next you'll quote Mussolini or Adolph.  Ezra Pound surely would have.  (I'm
guessing Pound is one of your political heroes.)

The reason I care about absurd distortions of classic opera is that I think
it will bring about its ruin.  I'm sure I've attended more than a dozen Met
Traviatas.  But I won't go back for another until they retire that
ridiculous Clock Traviata.  It's nice to think that those of us who have
attended many classic performances are bored and we won't go to another.
But it's the non-classic performances that I won't go back to.  I have a
whole list: Cavalleria, Rigoletto, Fidelio, Traviata (of course), and others.

I've said before and I'll say again, Traviata (1972) was the first opera I
ever attended.  If it had been the current stupid production, it would have
been the last.

Modify your settings: