Subject: Re: Last Surviving Puccini Dies
From: RAYMOND GOUIN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 18 Dec 2017 19:35:02 -0500

The Counsel General had a kindred spirit in Anna Moffo.  Decades ago, I attended a rare performance of Amore dei Tre Re  in Providence, R.I. in which she was scheduled to appear.  She had to cancel due to illness and sent a letter of apology --  several pages long -- which the management insisted on reading, in full, before the curtain before the performance could start.  The response of the audience in Providence was the same as the audience response in Nice.  The speaker on stage would not take the hint.  Finally, when he went on to start to read the THIRD PAGE of Moffo's  regrets as to not being able to appear, the audience reacted in such a way as to cut him short and allow the performance to start.  Thanks for bringing back that wonderful memory that I hadn't thought about in decades.  :)

Bonne fete de noelle.

Ray

***