Subject: Re: 2nd cast Norma
From: Stephen Charitan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 18 Dec 2017 19:19:22 -0500

Saying Meade was better than Niska, Gulegina, Eaglen (actually quite good
with Muti in Ravenna as captured by EMI - not so at the MET), Flannigan,
Anderson, etc is Cold Comfort  or damning with faint praise.  Only one
stands above the "also rans" since Sutherland and Caballe retired -
Radvanovsky.  In my opinion, she stands comparison with the very best who
took on this bitch/beast of a role.