Subject: Re: Guth's "Lost in Space" "La Boheme" for Paris
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 18 Dec 2017 08:14:48 -0500

I don't have much sympathy for, or empathy with, those who have
seen an opera "more times than they can count", and are thereby
in need of an innovative staging. If opera houses require them to
survive, I don't regard it as much of a "success".  I would much
rather be part of an audience for whom Puccini's works are still as
fresh and exciting as they were the first time they saw/heard them.

dtmk