Subject: 2nd Cast Norma
From: Robert Cohen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 17 Dec 2017 02:57:13 -0500

I was in the house today and it was a magnificent performance.

Angela Meade is a bit vibrato laden but this was a great reading of the role.
Jamie Barton is simply at her best - a creamy, luscious voice with power to
burn.
My only quip with Calleja was the unwritten (and omitted) optional B flat in
the end of the cabaletta. Otherwise he was absolutely sterling with two
interpolated B NATURALS in the end of the 1st act and at the end of the
opera. I don't understand why he does sing these higher notes and not the B
flat at the end of the cabaletta. In any case they are all unwritten notes and
his voice is amongst the most beautiful timbres in the business.

Adam Diegler was more than adequate and Michelle Bradley an outstanding
Clothilde. This girl is going places. Bravo To Matthew Rose for making much
of the silly role that Oroveso is.

A great night at the opera.