Subject: Re: 2nd cast Norma
From: Donald Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 16 Dec 2017 19:53:01 -0700

Well, I for one thought Angela Meade did a splendid job.  I've heard her
Norma a number of times over the past eight years or so and it keeps
getting better as her voice fills out.  I guess you either like her or you
don't.  I like her.  I thought her blend with the divine Jamie Barton was
well, for lack of a better word, divine!  I've never been the biggest
Calleja fan, from the first time I heard him years ago I thought it a
rather bleaty, whitish sound but he was pretty decent today.  I remember
the 2nd performance back in February and was distinctly unimpressed with
Matthew Rose.  Today, to my ears he sounded much better, erasing my
previously somewhat negative impression.  A good Norma all around.

Donald